Tooth Extraction in Melbourne
For various reasons, a dentist may need to remove a tooth or two. This is often done to reduce crowding in the mouth and make space for proper alignment of dentures, braces or Invisalign® or when milk teeth are not falling out on their own to make room for permanent teeth to grow. Before any tooth is extracted, a series of tests are conducted to ensure the tooth’s extraction is safe. We also fathom the possibilities of using other methods to reduce overcrowding.
To ensure quality dental services that betters your life!
At Melbourne Dental Family Care Melbourne, we perform all-round check-ups to analyse the risks of developing any dental problems that can hamper oral hygiene and health.
The benefits of Tooth Extraction:
- Prevents occurrence of oral diseases and inflammation
- Reduces chances of cysts, jaw damage and even tumours
- Reduces crowding and thus. decrease chances of serious orthodontic problems fromarising
- Saves nearby teeth from propagation of bacteria and infection
- Reduces overall orofacial pain
Reasons for tooth extraction include:
- Trauma or disease: In cases of trauma, we usually try to recover the tooth back to health by using various dental procedures. If this does not work, the last resort becomes extracting the tooth.
In case of diseases, we initially try for restoration. When the health hazards caused by the presence of tooth are considerably large, we resort to tooth extraction in order to prevent infection from spreading in to the jawbone.
- For orthodontic reasons: The human jaw can accommodate limited number of tooth. When a number of teeth are present in the jaw, it may lead to crowding which has serious drawbacks. To prevent these drawbacks from overpowering your dental health, one or two teeth are removed. Such extractions make room for other teeth to develop and also for aligners to fit in without any hassles.
- For removal of Wisdom tooth: Early removal of impacted wisdom tooth not only saves the patient from the pain but also prevents alignment and health of neighbouring teeth. This is usually done when the impacted wisdom tooth is not in the usual position and the roots have not formed yet.
- For baby teeth: For the permanent teeth to grow fully, the milk teeth must be removed. ually baby teeth fall on their own but when they don’t a child specialist dentist will remove teeth to prevent crowding.
At Melbourne Dental Family Care Australia, we understand that incorrect extraction of tooth can cause serious health problems and thus, our team of dentists carefully examine a tooth before deciding on its extraction. We practice conducting thorough examinations using advanced technology equipments that not only make the process safe but also eliminate chances of human error.
Only Highly Qualified Dentists
Our team has expert professionals who are immensely experienced for several years.